There was an error in this gadget

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Earthquake!

OMG I'm totally freaked! We were hit by a 7.4 magnitude earthquake last night at around 4am. I've never felt one anywhere near that big before. We were lucky because we are right on the beach so we were cushioned by all the sand. In fact we are one of the few in Christchurch to still have power although our water is gone :( Aparently roads all around the city have been blocked off by police and buildings have collapsed. My parents showed up at 7am saying there was only one road they could take to get to us because they all had giant cracks in them! We are not sure how long our power may hold out and apparently they are talking about evacuating people in our area due to sewerage problems so if you don't hear from me for a little while it's because of that. I'm sure everything will be fine though :)

Here's a couple of pics I found online of damage

No comments:

Post a Comment